Thursday 29 October 2015

1

Sunday 4th October to Thursday 29th October 2015

This is a catch up blog, simply because there has not been a hell of a lot to write about; I want to get things up to date because tomorrow Diane will be arriving back and I am sure that there will be a few more things about which I can write.

What has been happening?

It has mainly been a case of an overwhelming workload from work – new projects coming up constantly with restrictive completion dates so it has not left much time to do anything else, especially when there is a need to keep moving.

As most would already be experiencing, the weather has now started its movement towards winter – nights are getting colder, but we are still enjoying some quite sunny days.

Pleasing to note that all of the jobs have been completed – all that is left to be done is the last bit of tidying up and a vacuum around.

I have been oscillating a bit between Uxbridge and Willow Tree Open Space, but as of yesterday late morning I am now in Paddington Basin awaiting Diane.

Very lucky to find a spot – originally I had planned to moor out at Bridge 3 but it was absolutely packed out, so as I needed to wind somewhere I carried on just to check out the basin when I spotted a boat coming out – they informed me that tghey had just left so a space was available – so it was grabbed and here I am.

No sooner had I moored up than I was approached by a guy asking me would I be around for a while on the boat - I am always skeptical and suspicious when people ask questions about personal things but in this case I was very much so.

He saw my apprehension as I answered that I would be around and then spoke about being involved with some filming for a movie which would take place in and around the basin, and that they needed 5 boats to be available as background.

I was still a bit suspicious, but he then raised the topic of compensation for our time.

After an hour or so he was back - the director was happy with the boat - they were paying a substantial amount per day and he would be just another hour whilst he prepared some contracts.
Further on and in reading through the paperwork, it became apparent that they were not just some rag-tag mob but Warner Bros. and would be filming the upcoming new Jason Bourne movie.
Having made sure that I wasn't signing the boat over, I placed my mark in the appropriate spot.
The money would cover all of our envisaged expenses for the next 4 months – all
without having to do anything much at all.
  
Diane is currently in Los Angeles with Mitch and Sara; after a stopover in Auckland to visit Rebecca; she did leave Sam behind in Melbourne.

I think that Diane is planning our next US holiday whilst she is there – so I will have to wait and see what the schedule is when she returns.


It will be so very good to have her back – I may even chain her to the boat to stop her going again without me.
34 Miles, 9 Locks
YTD: 848 Miles (1365 km) , 527 Locks, 14 Tunnels, 11 Lift Bridges, 16 Swing Bridges
Total: 3742 Miles (6022 km) , 2648 Locks, 112 Tunnels, 45 Lift Bridges, 167 Swing Bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment