Thursday, 29 October 2015

1

Sunday 4th October to Thursday 29th October 2015

This is a catch up blog, simply because there has not been a hell of a lot to write about; I want to get things up to date because tomorrow Diane will be arriving back and I am sure that there will be a few more things about which I can write.

What has been happening?

It has mainly been a case of an overwhelming workload from work – new projects coming up constantly with restrictive completion dates so it has not left much time to do anything else, especially when there is a need to keep moving.

As most would already be experiencing, the weather has now started its movement towards winter – nights are getting colder, but we are still enjoying some quite sunny days.

Pleasing to note that all of the jobs have been completed – all that is left to be done is the last bit of tidying up and a vacuum around.

I have been oscillating a bit between Uxbridge and Willow Tree Open Space, but as of yesterday late morning I am now in Paddington Basin awaiting Diane.

Very lucky to find a spot – originally I had planned to moor out at Bridge 3 but it was absolutely packed out, so as I needed to wind somewhere I carried on just to check out the basin when I spotted a boat coming out – they informed me that tghey had just left so a space was available – so it was grabbed and here I am.

Diane is currently in Los Angeles with Mitch and Sara; after a stopover in Auckland to visit Rebecca; she did leave Sam behind in Melbourne.

I think that Diane is planning our next US holiday whilst she is there – so I will have to wait and see what the schedule is when she returns.

It will be so very good to have her back – I may even chain her to the boat to stop her going again without me.


34 Miles, 9 Locks
YTD: 848 Miles (1365 km) , 527 Locks, 14 Tunnels, 11 Lift Bridges, 16 Swing Bridges
Total: 3742 Miles (6022 km) , 2648 Locks, 112 Tunnels, 45 Lift Bridges, 167 Swing Bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment