Saturday 19 August 2017

Happy Anniversary

Sunday 13th August 2017

No travel today – I will be staying in Nottingham for a few more days.

This is a special day, but sadly for the third time in the last 8 years Diane and I would be spending our wedding anniversary on opposite sides of the globe.

It is a necessary outcome of the decision that we have made and put into action.

I could not imagine a life without her and for 34 years I have been so very happy – I am sure that will continue.

We shall be back together soon enough and I look forward to that with delight.

We have to realise we are just so lucky to have each other and how very much you appreciate and love the person that you have committed your life to be with and to love.

I did console myself with finishing off the packing of the boxes – another item to cross off the list – every one that I cross off means a step closer to going home and being with Diane.

3 comments:

  1. Tony, I may have been drunk all of those years ago, but Diane is the one for me and nothing can change that

    ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. So much love in those words. You will be back together soon.

    ReplyDelete